PILOT OPERATED PRESSURE AND FLOW CONTROL PROPORTIONAL VALVES WITH INTEGRATED DIGITAL ELECTRONICS
Mounting Surface: ISO 4401-05-05-0-05Max Pressure: 357 to 5502 PSI (25 to 350 bar)
Rated Flow Rate: 2 to 21 gpm (8 to 80 l/min)
The pQ-proportional valves of the D941 series are throttle valves for 2x2-, 3-, 4- or even 5-way applications.
The pQ-valves control flow and regulate pressure (upper or lower limiting pressure). Thus, they can be used for both pressure regulation as well as applying a pressure-limit. The regulating electronics for the spool position and the pressure are integrated in the valve as is a pressure sensor.
The valves have been continuously improved. The Jetpipe pilot stage is based on the steel pipe principle which has proved itself in various series of Moog valves over the past 15 years. The Jetpipe has been further developed into the ServoJet®-pilot stage.
The valves offer full pQ-functionality and may be toggled between flow control and/or operating pressure control. Using the pQ-function, volume control and pressure control are available using a single proportional valve. The commutation takes place according to the parameterization via the Field Bus interface.
The digital driver and control electronics are integrated into the valve. The valve electronics contain a microprocessor system which performs all important functions via the valve software it contains. The digital electronics enable the valve to be controlled across the entire working range.
The valves are parameterized, activated, and monitored via the built-in Field Bus interface (CANopen, Profibus DP V1 orEtherCAT). To reduce wiring, the Field Bus interface is provided with two plugs. Thus, valves may be integrated into the bus without any external T-joints. In addition, up to two analog input commands and up to two analog actual value outputs are available. Optionally, the valves are available without a Field Bus interface. In this case, the valve is controlled using analog inputs. Valve parameters are set using the integrated service socket.
In addition to internal parameters such as pressure and volume flow, the valves are capable of controlling external signals such as position, speed, force etc. The active axis controllers may change as a result of defined events.
- Field Bus data connection: electrically separated Field Bus-interface
- Diagnosis options: Integrated monitoring of the most important environmental and internet parameters; valve parameters may be changed on site or remotely.
- Flexibility: Since parameters may be downloaded using the Field Bus or the superior PLC-program, valve parameter may be tuned during a machine cycle on an operating machine.
- Pressure control configuration: up to 16 configurations may be saved and can be activated during operation.
- Superior control: The improved frequency response of this version allows high closed-loop position loop gain, providing excellent static and dynamic response and a superior control system performance. The improved valve dynamic performance is due to the extremely high natural frequency of the ServoJet®-pilot stage (500 Hz) and the implementation of advanced control algorithms, which is only possible with digital electronics.
- Reliability: The high pressure recovery of the ServoJet®-pilot stage (up to 80 % Δp at 100 % control signal) provides higher spool driving forces and ensures enhanced spool position repeatability.
- Safety: Fail-safe versions with a defined safe spool position using a spring or by an external supply cut off ensure operator safety.
|Rated Flow (Δ 71 psi/5 bar per land)||2 gpm||8 l/min|
|8 gpm||30 l/min|
|16 gpm||60 l/min|
|21 gpm||80 l/min|
|Max Operating Pressure||W||357 psi||25 bar|
|V||1429 psi||100 bar|
|U||2284 psi||160 bar|
|T||3575 psi||250 bar|
|K||5002 psi||350 bar|
|Viscosity Range||42 to 1853 SSU at 100 °F||5 to 400 cSt|
|Temperature Range||-4 to +176 °F||-20 to +80 °C|