HEAVY DUTY INDUSTRIAL CYLINDERMax Operating Pressure: 250 PSI (17 bar)
Bore Size: 1.5 to 14 in (38 to 365 mm)
When the job calls for reliable, heavy-duty performance, specify Series A. A 100,000 psi (690 MPa) yield strength chrome-plated, casehardened piston rod. A 125,000 psi (862 MPa) yield strength rod-end stud with rolled threads. 100,000 psi (690 MPa) yield strength tie rods. With construction like this, the Atlas Series A is rated for air service to 250 psi (17 bar). This is one heavy-duty air cylinder that’s really heavy duty.
They’re truly premium quality cylinders, factory pre-lubricated standard with a non-lube option for millions of maintenance-free cycles. And to make sure every cylinder is premium quality, each and every one is subject – not just batch samples – to tough inspection and performance tests. See the following pages for the inside story on all the features that make Series A the high performance, long lasting choice for all your heavy-duty air applications.
Note: Rod diameters over 2-1/2" (64 mm) will use a threaded nose gland.
- Heavy duty service – ANSI/(NFPA) T3.6.7R3-2009 specifications and mounting dimension standards
- Standard construction – square head – tie rod design
- Nominal pressure – Up to 250 PSI (17 bar) air service
- Standard fluid – filtered air
- Standard temperature – -10 to +165 °F (-23 to 74 °C)
- Bore sizes – 1-1/2" to 14" (38 to 356 mm)
- Piston rod diameters – 5/8" to 4" (16 to 102 mm)
- Mounting styles – 14 standard styles at various application ratings
- Strokes – available in any practical stroke length
- Cushions – optional at either end or both ends of stroke. “Float check” at cap end.
- Rod ends – four standard choices – specials to order